Friday, June 19, 2009

5 Years!

My how time flies! Seems just yesterday I was walking down the aisle in my wedding dress smiling at my handsome hubby-to-be! Yet so much has happened in these last five years! A deployment to Afghanistan, a move across the ocean, a new 'culture' to get used to (and I mean the Army, not the island!), an amazing three years on my beautiful Oahu, snorkeling adventures, hiking adventures, a deployment to Iraq, learning deployment survival, running my first 5K, church on the beach, several friends made (and unfortunately several friends lost), lots and lots of coffee, a move back across the ocean, a new job for hubby, a new job for me, life in a tiny duplex, a week of hurried painting and fixin' up the new house, our first Christmas tree, our first garden, fishin' and campin' trips, and the list goes on! What a crazy first 5 years! Who knows what the next five years may include. My hopes are that we have a lot more time together (easier now that Joe is out of the Army!), have a few kids, buy a house, Joe's dream to compete in a triathlon comes true, lots of family vacations (and hopefully one back to Hawaii), and that our relationship keeps growing, as it has done the last 5 years! We have had our ups and downs, we've had our moments of pure happiness and we've had moments of sheer pain too. But those moments - all of them - have made us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment