Thursday, February 9, 2012

Special Gifts

I've recenlty been given two items for the nursery that will be greatly used in the future. First, a dear friend gave me an old bassinet. It needed some TLC, but I cleaned it up, found some foam and cut out a new mattress for it and made some new sheets for the mattress. It sits by my bedside and is ready for our little one to dream away inside!

Then, my grandma gave me a crib that she had used in her Bed and Breakfast, but no longer needed. The great thing is, it was a style that I had looked at getting, but was not in my price range! It was gorgeous as it was, but I wanted a white crib to go with the theme of the nursery, so I put a few coats of paint on it. Then I finished sewing up all my crib bedding and got everything set up and I absolutely LOVE the results!


I am so thankful for these two gifts, from two special people!

1 comment:

  1. I so want to "steal" a baby for you from work...of course one from someone that should have gotten a hamster..lol..not a baby!!! Everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete