Monday, April 27, 2009

Dodging Tornadoes!

Well, I had an exciting time in Wichita this weekend! Joe had Guard this weekend (and I am happy that he only has one left - YAY!!) I shopped till I dropped - ok, maybe not that much cause we really didn't have much to spend. But since this was my last Wichita trip for a while, I had to get to all the scrapbook stores!



Anyhow, on Sunday afternoon I was killin' time waiting for Joe to get done with Guard. It was about time for him to be done, so I decided I better start heading for the armory. All of a sudden it is a downpour - I have never seen it rain like that. So here I am driving down the interstate at 25-30 mph, I have NO idea if I am staying in my lane, or am in the next lane. I thought of pulling over, but I didn't know where 'over' was! I just kept following the tail lights in front of me all the while praying that God would guide me! About the time I finally make it to my exit it lets up. Phew! It's over! And thats when the tornado siren goes off! I was so glad that I was at the armory when it went off! Joe's calling asking where I was and to take cover and I told him I was right outside the armory. I parked real fast and ran inside. The tornado was north of us and headed northeast, so we were ok where we were. It rained on us half way home - we hit a few short downpours, but no big deal (and Joe was driving)! Finally we were out of the storm once we left Pratt. I tell you what, Ulysses Kansas has never looked so good!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope yo got lots of scrapbooking stuff and cardmaking supplies!

    ReplyDelete