Sunday, April 19, 2009

Garlic-Lime Chicken with Olives

(Ok Alyssa, you told me to post a recipe - here it is!!)

1 pound chicken breast
1 cup diced onion
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. lime juice
1 T. molasses
2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup pitted and slice Kalamata olives

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, garlic, lime juice, molasses, Worchestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer chicken to prepared pan and pour over any remaning marinade. Arrange olives over and around chicken in pan. Roast 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

4 servings

4 comments:

  1. Do I have to do the onions? =) And what kind of olives are those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have to have the onions - but you know how I love them!
    The Kalamata olives are Greek olives - usually find them with the other olives, pickles, banana peppers, etc. The Kalamata's are saltier and a bit briny - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In other words, I'm not going to find them at St. Co. Foods?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you may find them there, but they will most likely cost you a pretty penny! At Russ' they are 6 bucks for a jar! I buy mine at Dillons!

    ReplyDelete