Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hilo


On Friday, we adopted a puppy from the pound - a sweet little black lab. He loved Joe, followed him around everywhere. We named him Hilo and in a few short hours, he had stolen our hearts! Saturday morning, however, he started throwing up and kept doing so through out the day. We called the vet and he said it was probably a virus and could get very costly to treat. He told us to not let Hilo eat or drink anything for 24 hours in hopes that it would pass. We woke up Sunday morning and he had died sometime in the night. I was amazed at how attatched I had become in 2 days - which is a miracle because I am allergic to animals. But Hilo did indeed find a place in my heart. I'll miss our sweet little puppy. But at least he had a home before he died - at least he didn't have to spend his last days locked in the pound. Rest in peace, little Hilo.

1 comment: