Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Craziness!

Ahh, Christmas time! A season of celebrating Christ's birth, of spending time with family, of festive lights and colors, of snowy white scenes, of sugary treats, of love and laughter! It is an exciting year for us, as we have moved into a new home and can share that home with others!

We started out our Christmas activities with our staff Christmas party at the Landmark here in town! We left the restaurant with very full bellies!

The next night we had a little 'housewarming' party with my parents, grandparents and siblings. Joe cooked an AMAZING prime rib and we ate till we couldn't eat anymore! The conversation and laughter filled my home - I loved it!

On the 23rd we went out to my parents house for our own family's Christmas celebration and had a delicious breakfast for supper feast! Such a great thing to be able to spend the holidays with family!

Have I mentioned yet all the goodies and homemade treats everyone has given us?! Sugar rush!

On Christmas Eve, Joe's family came to our house for our Christmas celebration and yes, once again, we had a feast! Had a great time opening presents and spending time together!

For Christmas Day, Joe and I actually just stayed home and relaxed. Joe had to work the evening shift and I wasn't feeling too well, so it was good to just rest. I think we watched Christmas movies all day long!

The day after Christmas was the big Hilger family reunion. Wow - lots of people! Not everyone made it due to the weather, but several families braved to slick roads. The guys cleaned out the shop out by Joe's parents house so there was somewhere we all could fit! They even took the TV and the Wii out to the shop so the kids could all play. Laughter rang out, conversation abounded and we all had a merry little time!

Oh - and Joe's aunt and uncle and their 8 kiddos stayed with us for a few nights. I love that I was able to offer family a place to stay - again, I love my new house!

I think that is all for now! It has been a very BUSY Christmas - but oh so good. So good to be around family. So good to have a house full of kiddos and love and laughter! A good Christmas, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment