Wednesday, December 9, 2009

November 2009

Wow, what creative titles I have come up with! And wow, it has been a while since I have posted, too! Whatever have I been doing?

Well, since we bought the house in October, we thought MAYBE we would be in by Christmas. Well, thru a whirl-wind of activities, we actually moved in the second weekend in November! We spent one week furiously cleaning every knook and cranny and did plenty of painting. Since I decided to paint a beautiful red color on my kitchen wall - it took 3 coats of paint plus primer. I didn't think I would ever be done painting it. But, I must say, I LOVE how it turned out!











My grandparents wanted to help us out by either helping pay a down payment or by helping buy new furniture. I had already started saving up for a new dining table, so the extra money meant I could buy one earlier than I had planned. We decided to make a trip to Garden just to pick one out, but I really didn't expect to find one I liked. I had been looking, but never found 'the one'. Well, we go to the first store and I tell the sales person what I am looking for - a square table that seats at least 8. The only square tables they had were the taller counter height ones, not what I was looking for. HOWEVER, right beside those tall square tables was this GORGEOUS, dark, long table. It was a simple style, yet a little bit elegant. I fell in love! Yep, it now graces my dining room and I couldn't be more happy!

Best of all, we celebrated Thanksgiving at our new house with Joe's parents and their pastor's family - and we all fit nicely around the big table! I love having a big table for big dinners!


Oh, and one of the most AWESOME features of the new house...I have a scrapbook room! An entire room dedicated to scrapbooking! Already I have used it so much! I actually haven't scrapbooked, but I have worked on Jr. Church lesson materials and getting crafts ready for the kids! I truly love that I can spread out my stuff, and if I don't have time to put it up right away, then I don't have. I wasn't able to do that before, I needed to have the kitchen table cleared to eat at!


We have thoroughly enjoyed being homeowners. No, the house isn't perfect, and there are many things that we would change. It still is the nicest place we have ever lived, and most importantly, it is OURS!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing!! I love having my own house too! So glad you all finally got your own house. I am jealous of the scrapbooking room!!!

    ReplyDelete