Friday, August 5, 2011

My Verse

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord." - Psalm 113:9

When I first came across this verse, I felt as tho God penned it just for me. That He was promising me that someday I would have children. Each time I read it, tho, in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but think, 'you know, that doesn't mean biological children, it could mean adopted children.' I would always find some excuse to not believe that. I wanted biological children. But each time I read that verse, that was always my thought process. Until finally one day I realized, it did not matter to me HOW I became a mother, just that I had the opportunity to become a mother. Unbeknowst to me, as I was struggling with whether to keep trying to get pregnant, or to adopt, Joe was also thinking heavily about adopting. When I finally talked to him about it, we both knew it was time to start pursuing adoption, we both knew without a doubt that this was how God intended to start our family.

So, it may not be the way I had originally planned it, but I - a barren woman - will have children! Praise ye the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment